Monday, July 6, 2009

34 Weeks down...6 to go!

I'm not sure if the weeks are going by faster or slower at this point. It seems as if the days just drag on but the next thing I know it's the weekend again. Don't get me wrong - that's a good thing. I just can't believe how fast these past 34 weeks have gone by.

I remember back June, when all of our crazy weekends were over, we said were going to keep our weekends as free as possible until the Baby Emily arrives. HA! This past weekend we went to the horse races (didn't win anything), worked around the house, went to a birthday party, did a good cleaning of the house, saw some pretty lame fireworks, had friends over, church and got a few more things checked off our to-do list. This coming weekend includes babysitting, a wedding, a going away party and UFC Fights. The next weekend we have family pictures, another baby shower, a birthday party and I know I'm missing something. Baby Emily will be here before we know it!

I know things are getting tight for little Emily. She is moving a lot and some of those movements hurt! Brad was feeling her move around last night, with every movement he would look at me with big eyes and say, "That was a big one!" They are all big ones these days! She loves to punch (or elbow) my pelvic bone, especially on the right side. That does not feel good. There are certain times of day that I know she's going to be very active - when I wake up I feel 1-2 quick movements, when I get to work and sit down for a couple minutes she starts in, mid-afternoons she moves a lot, after dinner is by far her most active time and as I'm going to bed there are more kicks and punches.

I think the nursery is done! Everything has been put away and decorations have been put up! I need to put some pictures in a frame but I'm waiting on a few things for that. Here are some pictures:



Picture from the door


Name decal above the crib.
We decided not to use the dragonfly.


Dresser/Changing table.
The window is to my back and glider is on the left.



Glider and little table



Bookshelf
The carrier and stroller won't be staying there. They'll be in the car soon.



Closet. There are more clothes further left.
Everything on the bottom row is 12 months and older.

I'm really, really happy with the way everything turned out. Just very simple and a room that she can grow into. The pack-n-play is set up in our room, too.

Here's the lastest update from BabyCenter.com:
"Your baby now weighs about 4.75 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies."

List of things to get done before Emily Kate arrives:
- pick a daycare - Picked! Going to fill out the paperwork on Friday
- have house deep cleaned - I'm VERY annoyed with all of these people
- pack my hospital bag - made progress but there are a few things I need to pick up this weekend. If something were to happen and we had to go to the hospital at this moment I would be ok.
- pack Brad's hospital bag - he has a change of clothes set out
- install car seats
- decorate nursery
- pack Emily's hospital bag
- make hospital phone list
- figure out insurance stuff
- finish thank you notes
- wash clothes
- pick up items from Babies R Us that we still need
- organize nursery

We made lots of progress this weekend! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin