Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 35....5 weeks to go!

Is there something "magical" about the 35th week of pregnancy? All of a sudden my rings don't fit, I'm not sure why I bother trying to put on shoes and heartburn sucks a little bit more everyday. My fingers don't look swollen but my rings won't go on. I always have this problem during the summer but this year it's worse - maybe it's all of the 100+ degree days we are having and pregnancy combined. And I think my already huge feet (size 10) have managed to go up to a size 11. They aren't that swollen - just bigger! I really, really hope my feet decide to return to their normal size in a few weeks. For now work is just going to have to deal with flip-flops and tennis shoes.

Other than those 3 very minor complaints - I'm still feeling pretty good. And yes, it's hot but I'm staying inside as much as possible. I'm getting a little more uncomfortable each day and Brad told me I'm getting spoiled with all of the pillows I sleep with.

We stayed busy this weekend and that made it go by way too fast. We spent Saturday morning watching some friends 2 little girls (10 months and 2 years old), came home, got changed and went to a wedding. Sunday was church and lunch with Brad's family and then we had some people over to watch the UFC fights we missed on Saturday. Next thing we knew - it was dinner time on Sunday and the weekend was over. Crazyness.

This coming weekend is going to be another busy one - dog sitting, baby brunch/shower with the neighbors, pictures, 2 year old Ryan's birthday party, church and lunch with the family and 28 year old Ryan's birthday party.

Here's the update from BabyCenter this week:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (the size of a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Now it's time for me to go surround myself with pillows and go to sleep!

To-do list update:
List of things to get done before Emily Kate arrives:
- pick a daycare - Picked! I still need to go fill out the paperwork - I forgot to do this last Friday.
- have house deep cleaned - I think I've given up on this one. All of these people annoy me. I'll just be better about cleaning every week.
- pack my hospital bag - made progress but there are a few things I need to pick up this weekend. If something were to happen and we had to go to the hospital at this moment I would be ok.
- pack Brad's hospital bag - he has a change of clothes set out
- install car seats
- decorate nursery
- pack Emily's hospital bag
- make hospital phone list
- figure out insurance stuff
- finish thank you notes
- wash clothes
- pick up items from Babies R Us that we still need
- organize nursery

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin