Tuesday, July 28, 2009

37 Weeks...and our mini flood

Monday night:
Emily is now full term and she's welcome to make her appearance in this world anytime now! Brad's prediction that she would be born on Sunday was wrong - but he's changed it that she will be born sometime this week. I think he was a little disappointed Sunday when she didn't come. You should read his blog to find out first hand (it's very entertaining).

Tuesday morning:
I wrote that first paragraph Monday night and after this morning's discovery I would like to edit my first statement. Emily is now full term and health wise would be fine to make her appearance in this world - but Brad and I would appreciate it if she waited a few days.

Why the change in heart? Because half of our living room floor is full of water! As I stepped down into the living room this morning I felt and heard squish, squish, squish. My feet were wet and you could see my footprints on the carpet. AWESOME. Brad pulled up the carpet and the carpet pad (both so wet they are dripping water) to discover about an inch of standing water on the floor. Awesome.

Poor Brad is trying to work from home today and deal with our mini-flood. At this point we have no idea where the water came from or how to fix it. Brad has managed to get the water off of the floor with a wet/dry vac. He's still working on getting it out of the carpet pad and carpet. But the carpet pad is going to have to be replaced - maybe even the carpet. Hopefully Brad will be able to figure something out this morning and it won't be anything too major.

Emily Kate - we'd appreciate it if you waited a little bit longer to make your appearance. Your new home will be in much better shape if you do (we might even have a new living room floor).

So to answer the never ending question - Are we ready for her to arrive? Ummm, I think I'm going to go with No for right now.

Last week we did check the last thing off of our to-do list. Emily's spot in daycare has been reserved. So besides the house being a wreck, everything is ready. I go back to the doctor on Thursday - we'll see if I've made any more progress and what her new estimated weight is.

Here's the update from BabyCenter this week:
Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard - according to TheBump.com she's the size of a watermelon). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

I'm going to try and get some work done and hopefully our living room won't be in horrible shape when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! I hope you can get the livingroom cleaned up in time. I read Brad's blog, that was just hilarious. I guess all you need to do is keep your legs crossed for a couple more days!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin