Monday, June 29, 2009

Week 33 (warning - I'm cranky)

You know those days when things don't really go the way you need them to? Yeah, this is one of them. I didn't get done what I needed to get done today, I left work about 45 minutes late, the house is a mess, I have errands that I needed to run today but didn't, my heartburn get worse by the day, Brad is running late and I'm hungry (hungry = cranky). I'm frustrated at everything and really don't have a good reason. Banjo even seems a little off today - she's just sitting on the couch pouting with me. I'm sure all of my crankiness makes you want to keep reading, huh? I'm not really sure what got under my skin today - I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

This weekend we didn't really have much of a schedule or a long list of things to do - but it was very productive and relaxing. We saw The Hangover, purchased and installed 2 new ceiling fans, worked on the nursery, went grocery shopping, Brad did a little bit of work, he got the yard done and we managed to go out to eat a several times. Overall it was a good weekend but I'm already ready for the next one.

Here's the week 33 update from BabyCenter:
"This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (the size of pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood."


Check out the progress I made on my list!

List of things to get done before Emily Kate comes:

- install car seats - will do soon
- decorate nursery - all I have left to do is hang a few things on the wall.
- pick a daycare
- Picked! We just need to go fill out the paperwork and pay our deposit
- have house deep cleaned - I'm VERY annoyed with all of these people
- pack my hospital bag - found a list of stuff to pack but that's about it
- pack Brad's hospital bag - see above
- pack Emily's hospital bag- see above
- make hospital phone list - working on it
- figure out insurance stuff - Brad needs to bring his information home (HINT)
- finish thank you notes
- wash clothes
- pick up items from Babies R Us that we still need
- organize nursery - I'm really happy with the progress we made this weekend. Everything has been put away.

Now I'm going to eat a bowl of ice cream and go to bed

1 comment:

  1. I think you're entitled to be a little cranky every now and then. I'm glad you had a productive weekend. We tried the whole ceiling fan thing this past week too. It took us 3 nights to get the first one up. Whoever built our house seriously messed some stuff up. Hang in there!! You're so close! Enjoy your ice cream. I've been addicted to the freezie pops.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin