Monday, June 22, 2009

Week 32...

It's freaking hot! Yes, I know it's summer and I live in Texas but it's HOT! I knew it was bad yesterday when I kept turning up the AC in the car and Brad was turning the vents away from him. Then he complained about the house being cold. Typically I'm the one complaining about being cold and moving the vents off of me. I've been eating a lot of ice cream and popsicles.

This weekend was spent doing lots of baby related stuff. On Friday I started washing all of Emily Kate's clothes. I don't think I've ever done so many loads of laundry in one weekend! Friday afternoon we had another "fun" sonogram. It was neat to see how much she's grown - but it was really hard to pick anything specific things - and she was turned the wrong way to see her face. We did confirm that she's head down (woohoo!). Saturday we visited some friends who had a baby girl on Friday. After that we headed to Babies R Us to pick up some items we were still needing - monitor, burp rags, sheets, towels, changing pad 2nd car seat base and more! It was really nice to start putting stuff away and get the room set up. I'm ready to do the fun, decorating part.

Onto this week's update from BabyCenter:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (the size of a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

I'm still feeling pretty good. Heartburn sucks and I've noticed I have trouble breathing if I eat too much. If those are my only complaints - I think I've got it pretty good. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Hopefully it will be as uneventful as all of the others. If I get done with that at a decent time I'll be checking out another daycare.

Check out the progress I made on my list!

List of things to get done before Emily Kate comes:
- wash clothes
- organize nursery
- made lots of progress but I still have a ways to go.
- install car seats
- will do in a few weeks
- decorate nursery - worked on it, this is (and will be) a work in progress.
- pick a daycare
- going to visit another one on Tuesday, hopefully this will be the one!
- have house deep cleaned - started getting quotes
- pick up items from Babies R Us that we still need
- pack my hospital bag
- found a list of stuff to pack but that's about it
- pack Brad's hospital bag - see above
- make hospital phone list - working on it
- figure out insurance stuff - Brad needs to bring his information home!
- finish thank you notes
- pick out coming home outfit
- decided I'm going to worry about this. I think I'm going to change this to "pack Emily's hospital bag"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin