Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Naming Baby Girl

Here's what the process of picking a name for Baby Girl looked like in our house:

Carrie:
We really need to come up with a name for the baby. Any ideas?
Brad: I don't know. What do you want to name her?
Carrie: I don't know. I asked you first.
Brad: Ok, we'll each make a list of our top 10 names and compare.
Carrie: Sounds like a good idea to me.

THE END

We had that same conversation at least 7 times... and nothing would happen. Productive huh?

The other night we had the same conversation again - but this time Brad asked that I send him a few websites with name ideas. I got to work the next morning and I had an e-mail from Brad reminding me to send him the websites. I found a few to send him and was impressed - we were making progress!

I worked on my list on and off all day. I finally had my top 8 (I never found 10 that I was in love with). I took my list home and asked Brad where his list was. He claimed his was in his head. HA! After dinner he quickly put together his list and then we exchanged lists. We marked names off of each other's list until we had 4 names left (2 on each list). Then we realized there was one name in common.

Hmmm...could it really be this easy? Yep, it was. We were done - our Baby Girl will no longer have to be called "Chubs" or "Female".

Picking a middle name was a little bit harder. We had two names picked out and Brad told me it was my decision. Hmmm....what to do, what to do. I made my decision knowing that if we ever have another child the other name will be used (and no, I'm not telling what it is).

For a conversation that we were both avoiding and thought would be a fight - that was pretty easy! Another decision made.

I guess y'all probably want to know what it is, huh?

Emily Kate Weaver

2 comments:

  1. I love it! My little sister is named Emily, so I guess I am a little biased, but I think the first and middle sound so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin