Monday, May 4, 2009

25 weeks down...15 to go!

Another week is done and we were productive this week!

Thursday afternoon I left work early (I managed to escape some of the Swine Flu crazyness we were going through at the moment) to run some errands and start my weekend early. My first stop was the grocery store - for some reason I decided to start making freezer meals for us each week. My long term goal is to find some recipes we like and stock up before Baby Emily arrives. I found a blog with lots of great ideas, adventuresinmyfreezer.blogspot.com, to get me started. Friday I started my cooking/preparing mini-marathon. I made Chicken & Rice Wraps, Tater Tot Casserole, Chicken Primavera and Tomato Chicken Gumbo. I ran out of time on Friday but I still have some Calzones and Chicken Bites to make. Brad ate a couple Chicken & Rice Wraps for lunch today and said they were pretty good (yay!).

Saturday we ran a few errands and then Brad started to paint the nursery. I'm really happy with the way it turned out! We picked a very light tan color called Santa's Beard (I thought Santa's Beard was white). I was nervous about the color when I bought it - but I like it now. We put the bookself together, ordered a pizza and called it a night.

After church and lunch on Sunday we watched the Mavs game (sadness) and Brad put the finishing touches on the paint. Then we built the dresser/changing table - that was a pain! All of the reviews I read about the dresser said it was hard to put together and the instructions were horrible - and they were! But we only had to take it apart once to fix a problem. But it's all done and I'm really, really happy with the way it turned out. The furniture looks great and I'm very happy with the quality. We wait for the crib to be delivered, I need to order a glider and pick out a new fan. Then the fun decorating can begin! Once everything is done I'll post pictures. My goal is to have it done by the end of the month - no promises!

In baby development news - this week Emily weighs as much as a rutabaga (yes, another random pick), about 1.5 pounds, and is about 13.5 inches long. She's starting to get more baby fat and grow hair. The updates for BabyCenter aren't as exciting they were in the beginning but if you want more details head over to BabyCenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin