Monday, February 2, 2009

12 weeks...

...I'm not breathing a sigh of relief, yet. I won't until we go to the doctor on Wednesday and she tells us that everything is fine. Call me crazy, paranoid, or a worry wart - I don't care. I have no reason to think everything isn't ok, but I just want to be sure. I'm not really sure what is on the agenda for this appointment. My regular doctor is on maternity leave and I'll be seeing a different doctor this week. I hope we get to hear the heartbeat!

After the doctor tells us that everything is wonderful with the baby we will be lifting the gag order placed on those that know. I know it's killing some people not to say anything (sorry, Mom). The floodgates will be open.

On to this week's update... we have a lime! Baby is now about 2 inches long and weighs 1/2 an ounce. According to BabyCenter.com reflexes are beginning to kick in this week. So much so that I can poke my tummy and the baby will move in response (aka - annoy the baby). Click here to read the entire week 12 update from Baby Center.

My pants don't fit. I can button my jeans and that's about it. Brad has no issues telling me that it's pretty obvious I'm getting bigger (wonderful, huh?). I'm ready for the weather to warm up a little bit so I can wear dresses - pants just aren't comfy. And there really isn't a point in buying new clothes right now - anything I buy will be way too warm to wear soon.

The weather this past weekend was wonderful. Blue skies and about 70. We took Banjo for a couple of walks and I loved being outside. Before I got pregnant I was really good about walking 7-10 miles during the weekend. Lately, I've had no desire to do anything - that's slowly starting to change. Hopefully the weekends will stay pretty so I can take my walks.

That's all I've got for now. Please keep us in your prayers Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin