Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Forgiveness

**I'm taking {quick} break from Project 365 to post something that's been on my heart all day I'm not really sure where's it going or what point I'm trying to make :) The pictures from our days will return soon; I'm in the process of editing.**

I typically listen to Kidd Kraddick in the Morning as I drive to work. For some reason I feel the need to get caught up on the latest celebrity gossip that I really don't care about. This morning, however, I left it on the Christian radio station I have on when Emily is in the car.

As I pulled into my typical parking spot, Matthew West's song, "Forgiveness" started playing. I've heard this song several times and I've always like it, but never given it much thought. But today I sat in my car listening to the song until it was over. I listened to every word he was singing and I haven't been able to get the song out of my head (and heart) all day. When I got in my car to go home, the song was on again. As soon as I got home a former co-workers posted something on Facebook about the song. It was playing in Emily's room as I put her to bed.  I'm not really into the "it's a sign from God" kinda thing, but I got the message....

I remember where I was, what I was doing, and everything else about September 11, 2001. That day was awful. I was confused. And I was scared. I sat around with my college roommates and friends watching the news for a couple days trying to sort through everything that happened. I felt angry and helpless.

My life continues, but each September 11 I remember how scared I was. I remember being sad for so many people. I remember how confused I was. I remember and reminded of how much I love my country. And how grateful am I for all those serving in the military. I also get angry - I'm holding somewhat of a grudge.

So what does all of this have to do with my choice of music this morning? As I was sitting in my car listening to "Forgiveness," I was also reading all the Facebook posts about 9/11. I read posts about where my friends were that  horrible morning. I read so many posts with the line, "never forget." I read lots of thank yous. I reflected back to where I was and how I felt that day - angry, scared, sad, confused, etc. - and then I started to get mad. All of this while listening to a song about forgiveness.



I'm not suggesting that we ever forget what happened on September 11. But maybe it's truly time to forgive those that hurt us. Maybe it's time to forgive those that hurt our loved ones, and hurt our country. Are we truly loving the unlovable? Maybe through forgiveness we could all do the impossible.


**And now it's back to posting pictures of my super adorable little girl. I promise Project 365 will return very soon. **

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin