Thursday, September 2, 2010

Milk

We gave Emily cow's milk right before her first birthday. She did okay with it for the first few days and then refused to drink it. We warmed it up, gave it to her in a bottle, got a new "fun" cup....etc. Nothing seemed to work. The little girl is too smart for her own good. We just kept offering it to her and she kept turning us down. I can't really blame the child, I can't stand cow's milk either.

This week we tried soy milk. The first day she did great - drank it up! However, every day since then, it's been a little bit worse. The other night she threw a trantrum  - screaming, crying, pouting, sobbing, pushing her cup away, throwing her cup down - trantrum. All because we wouldn't give her water. She did a little better with it today (aka - no tatrum), but she isn't drinking nearly as much as she should be. I must say, I've always been scared to try soy milk (no idea why) but it's pretty good. I might start drinking it myself.

Emily loves her cheese, yogurt, and other dairy products. But isn't a fan of milk. I've finally decided, it's not worth the fight. We'll keep offering her the soy milk with all her meals. But I'm not going to force it on her. She'll give in one day soon.

On a totally different note - we got Emily's 1-Year pictures from the photographer today. They are so adorable! Here are just a few for you to enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin