Monday, August 3, 2009

Week 38...Could it be the last?

Just a warning - this post might be all over the place (worse than normal).

This could be my last weekly update pre-Emily. Strange, huh? We go back to the doctor on Thursday afternoon for another sonogram and visit with the doctor. We'll know a lot more after that - all depending on how much Emily has grown and if I'm showing any signs of going into labor. We are preparing for an induction or c-section at the end of this week or early next until we know something different.

The updates from BabyCenter.com don't really say much besides, your baby is getting bigger. I still look forward to the random food item (this week she's the length of a leek). Here's the update directly from the website:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)


It is sad that next to meeting Emily the thing I'm looking forward to the most is a break from work? I've already told myself that this will be last week for at least 12 weeks. If it's not, I'm going to be really disappointed. Last week was rough for a lot of reasons, reasons I don't want to go into. But I'm ready for some time off. Ever since I found out I was pregnant I've been stocking up my vacation, sick and comp time. I have enough time saved to cover my maternity leave and still have some time when I return (yay). But I think it's finally catching up with me. I need time away. I've taken a few random 1/2 days off here and there but most of those have been for an appointment. Sure, I have Fridays off but I still work 40+ hours each week. I know that the 12 weeks I'll spend at home with Emily won't be a vacation - but it will be different. Don't get me wrong - I like my job and I really like the people I work with. But just like with everything - sometimes I just need a break. That's what vacation time is for and I haven't used any in about 8 months.

Our house has returned to semi-normal. We have running water and our living room has kind of been put back together. We are waiting to hear from the insurance company about replacing the carpet. We'd like to put laminate in the living room instead of new carpet. We priced laminate this weekend and picked out some stuff that we liked. But once again, we play the waiting game. Hopefully we'll have it ordered by this weekend. Who wants to volunteer to replace our floors for us? ;)

So....what should we do with what might be, our last few days as just the two of us? Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin