Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I Quit!

Yep, I quit my job. I quit the job I've had for 5 years. No more driving 20+ miles to work every day and 20+ miles home. No more sitting in traffic for 45 minutes - 1 hour on my way home. No more getting home at 6:15pm and only spending 90 minutes a day with my child. No more. I quit.

I turned in my 2 week (really 2.5 week) notice to my supervisor on Monday. My last day will be Wednesday, April 7. And I'll start my new, part-time job on Monday, April 12. My new job is 25 hours per week, much closer to home and beginning in September Emily will attend the daycare on site. I'm really excited for this change and I think it will be a good thing for the entire family.

As I look back over the last five years, a lot has happened in my life. I moved, met Brad, my dad passed away, my dog got hit by a car and had to be put down, got engaged, Brad lost his job, got married, moved to Brad's house, Brad got a new job, we put our house on the market and started making plans to move, we got an offer on our house, we decided not to move, bought a new car, Brad quit his job and found another one, got pregnant, Brad got a new truck, experienced some pretty serious family drama, Emily was born and now she's 7 months old. It's been a busy five years.

I started this job with the idea that it was just "until I find something better". But then I got settled in the job, start feeling comfortable, made some great friends and never found a good reason to leave. I finally have a good reason to leave - spending more time with my daughter. The timing has worked out perfectly with the new job and I can't think of a good reason not to make the change. How can I say "no" to an opportunity that will let me spend more time with this adorable little girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin