Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just a onesie?

I learned something new about myself this week: it bothers me to take Emily out only wearing a onesie. She either has to have a diaper cover or pants on with the onesie. If we are hanging out around the house - I'm fine with just the onesie. But once we go out I think she needs something else on. It doesn't matter how cute or plain the onesie is - pants are required.

Why? I have no freaking clue. But it just bothers me. I didn't realize how much it bothered me until this week. I pulled out a really cute onesie, got Emily all dressed and we started our day around the house. After a few hours it was time to go out and run errands. All of a sudden I found myself looking for something to put on her legs only to discover we didn't have anything that matched. I was really bothered by this. I looked through the closet and all of the drawers only to come up empty handed. GRRRRRRR.

Don't worry, I didn't make her change outfits. I took her out with naked legs but I didn't like it!

My strange requirment has proved to be a challenge for little Emily. This little girl is very long and skinny. Pants don't really fit her right. Anything that fits around the waist (newborn size) is way too short. Poor little girl looks like she's wearing highwaters all of the time. And diaper covers that come with dresses - there's not really a point in putting them on because they are just going to fall right off.

I'm starting to give into the idea of BabyLegs. They've always seemed a little strange to me but I'm beginning to understand why they are around (and there are some cute ones out there). Maybe I'll invest in a couple of pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin