Thursday I called to schedule an appointment with the doctor. But I called at 4:55 and I was told I had to call back Friday morning?!?! I called Friday morning and spoke to the nurse. She talked with the doctor and gave me a call back. The doctor's guess (without seeing Emily) is some reflux. I was given a few techniques to try over the weekend - hoping it would help her feel better - and told to call back Monday morning. I was to feed her every 2 hours (that's tough) for 10 ten minutes, burp her every couple of minutes and her keep upright for 30 minutes after.
So that's what we did all weekend. The spitting up/throwing up improved. She only had 1 big incident over the weekend - lots of little ones. But the screaming continues. The mornings are pretty good (lots of smiles) but as the day goes on it gets worse and worse. I called the nurse back this morning with an update. She scheduled an appointment for tomorrow morning. Hopefully we'll get some answers tomorrow and Emily will feel better soon.
Friday morning I have to take her back for her 2 month check up and shots. The nurse decided it was best to leave that appointment in place because if the doctor does have to put Emily on medication it will be a follow-up. So, poor little girl has to go to the doctor twice this week.
In good news - she napped in her crib for 30 mintues today and when she woke up she wasn't screaming. YAY!