Tuesday, August 3, 2010

She's Not a Baby Anymore...

... at least according to daycare. Emily has been moved out of the Baby Room.

Monday morning, I walked into daycare and Emily's teacher, Ms. Jessica, gave me a sad look and said, "She's not in my class anymore. She's been moved up to the next classroom."  As soon as she said that, I was sad. I gave Emily a few extra hugs and sent her off to her new class. I knew it was coming, but I really wasn't prepared for it Monday morning. And I really wasn't expecting to be sad.

Emily walked into her new classroom and then turned around, put her arms up, and walked back to her old teacher. She just wanted Ms. Jessica to pick her up and give her a hug. It was so sweet. She loves Ms. Jessica and is very attached to her. I was really happy with the teachers in the baby room. They were so sweet and Emily loved them. From what I know about her new teacher, Miss Lynelle, she is going to be great, too. Emily has come home smiling and happy every day this week. There are only four kids in Emily's new class. Three of the four are girls and only one attends Monday-Friday. Emily will get a lot of individual attention.

As much as I'm not thrilled that Emily has to be in daycare, there are a lot of positives. A big one - it's helped me realize what Emily is really capable of doing. I have give daycare some credit for teaching Emily to fall asleep on her own (she REFUSED to be rocked to sleep at daycare). In her new class they eat their lunch and snacks at a little table - no highchairs. Apparently Emily has done really well during lunch. They also take naps on a nap mat. She also plays well with other kids - of various ages. And it's been nice for me to have people around who spend all day with kids that are Emily's age.

In just 10 days Emily will be 1. I guess she's really not a baby anymore.


She's even decided she needs to eat her food with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin